TAD1373 is a powerful, reliable and economical off-road Diesel Engine built on the Volvo in-line six concept.
Low cost of ownership
World class fuel efficiency combined with a reliable exhaust aftertreatment system gives high uptime as well as low cost of ownership. No downtime for regeneration or decreased service intervals.
Compact and simple installation
SCR technology selected by Volvo does not increase amount of cooling capacity needed. As optional equipment all material needed in order to install the
engine can be ordered from Volvo Penta. Installation guidelines as well as drawings and CAD models are easy to access. The result is an engine and aftertreatment system that is easy to install with minor
impact on existing machine layout.
Durability & low noise
Long experince with SCR systems in combination with base engine development reduces risk of downtime. Wellbalanced to produce smooth operation with low noise.
Power and torque
Maximum power and torque available at low rpm. As a result noice as well as fuel consumption is very low. Useful engine speed for the TAD1373VE is due to power and torque layout very flexible.
Low exhaust emission
Efficient injection as well as robust engine design in combination with optimised SCR technology and a light EGR contributes to excellent combustion and low
fuel consumption. TAD1373VE complies with EU Stage IV / EPA Tier 4f emissions.
Easy service & maintenance
Easily accessible service and maintenance points contribute to the ease of service of the engine. As optional equipment possible to remote mount filters and service points.
- Proven and straight-forward design – built on Volvo Group technology
- Low cost of ownership and operation
- High power and torque already at low engine speed
- SCR and light EGR only – no DPF, DOC or regeneration
- Compact, simple installation and easy to service
- Similar engine footprint for all emission standards
- Wide range of optional equipment
Engine and block
- Cast iron cylinder block
- Wet, replaceable cylinder liners
- Replaceable valve guides and valve seats
- Overhead camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Full flow disposable spin-on oil filter, for extra high filtration
- Gear type lubricating oil pump, gear driven by the transmission
- Oil level sensor at startup
- Electronic high pressure unit injectors
- Fuel prefilter with water separator and waterin-fuel indicator / alarm
- Gear driven low-pressure fuel pump
- Fine fuel filter with manual feed pump and fuel pressure switch
- Available as power pack or base engine.
- Belt driven coolant pump with high degree of efficiency
- Electronically controlled Waste-gate
- Engine Management System (EMS) 2.3, an electronically controlled processing system which optimizes engine performance. It also includes advanced features for diagnostics and fault tracing.
- The instruments and controls connect to the engine via the CAN SAE J1939 interface. Options available for engine control equipment.
Exhaust after treatment system
- SCR and light EGR only • Airless urea injection
- Wide range of options available, including different sized AdBlue® / DEF tanks (also possible for OEM to design own tank).
- AdBlue/DEF Quality Level Temperature Sensor for US Market.