TAD1651VE is a powerful, reliable and economical Off-road Diesel Engine built on the Volvo in-line six concept.
Low cost of ownership
World class fuel efficiency, high uptime as well as low cost of ownership.
Compact and simple installation
As optional equipment all material needed in order to install the engine can be ordered from Volvo Penta. Installation guidelines as well as drawings and CAD models are easy to access. The result is an engine that is easy to install with minor impact on existing machine layout.
Durability & low noise
Long experince with base engine development reduces risk of downtime. Well-balanced to produce smooth operation with low noise.
Power and torque
Maximum power and torque available at low rpm. As a result noice as well as fuel consumption is very low. Useful engine speed for the TAD1651VE is due to power and torque layout very flexible.
Low exhaust emission
Efficient injection as well as robust engine design in combination with internal EGR contributes to excellent combustion and low fuel consumption.
Easy service & maintenance
Easily accessible service and maintenance points contribute to the ease of service of the engine. As optional equipment possible to remote mount filters and service points.
- Proven and straight-forward design – built on Volvo Group technology
- Low cost of ownership and operation
- High power and torque already at low engine speed
- Compact, simple installation and easy to service
- Similar engine footprint for all emission standards
- High sulfur-in-fuel tolerance
- Wide range of optional equipment
Engine and block
- Cast iron cylinder block
- Wet, replaceable cylinder liners
- Replaceable valve guides and valve seats
- Overhead camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Full flow disposable spin-on oil filter, for extra high filtration
- Gear type lubricating oil pump, gear driven by the transmission
- Oil level sensor at startup
- Electronic high pressure unit injectors
- Fuel prefilter with water separator and waterin-fuel indicator / alarm
- Gear driven low-pressure fuel pump
- Fine fuel filter with manual feed pump and fuel pressure switch
- Available as power pack or base engine.
- Belt driven coolant pump with high degree of efficiency
Electronically controlled Waste-gate
- Engine Management System (EMS) 2.3, an electronically controlled processing system which optimizes engine performance. It also includes advanced features for diagnostics and fault tracing.
- The instruments and controls connect to the engine via the CAN SAE J1939 interface. Options available for engine control equipment.
Exhaust reduction system
- With internal EGR