5.13 liter, in-line 4 cylinder
TAD570VE-B is an off-road, in-line 4-cylinder, 5.13-liter diesel engine. It features common-rail fuel injection, overhead camshaft, and Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT).
High power and torque already at low engine speed. Well-balanced for smooth operation & low noise levels.
Easy service and maintenance
Compact, simple installation and easy to service. Easily accessible service points. Common platform between engines for all exhaust emission standards.
High-tech injection system contributes to efficient combustion and low fuel consumption. Exhaust reduction system with SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) and cooled EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) only.
- Proven and straight-forward design
- Built on Volvo Group technology
- Low cost of ownership and operation
- High power and torque already at low engine speed
- SCR and cooled EGR only – no DPF, DOC or regeneration
- Compact, simple installation and easy to service
- Similar engine footprint for all emission standards
- Wide range of optional equipment
Engine and block
- Cast iron cylinder block
- Replaceable cylinder liners
- Replaceable valve guides and valve seats
- Over head camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Full flow cartridge insert filter
- Gear type lubricating oil pump, gear driven
- Common rail
- Gear driven low-pressure fuel pump
- Fuel prefilter with water separator and water-in-fuel indicator / alarm
- Fine fuel filter of cartridge, insert type
- Manual feed pump on pre filter
- Belt driven coolant pump with high degree of efficiency
- Varible Geometry Turbo (VGT)
- Engine Management System (EMS) 2.3, an electronically controlled processing system which optimizes engine performance. It also includes advanced facilities features for diagnostics and fault tracing.
- The instruments and controls connect to the engine via the CAN SAE J1939 interface. Options available for engine control equipment.
Exhaust aftertreatment system
- SCR and cooled EGR only
- Airless urea injection
- Wide range of options available, including different sized AdBlue® / DEF tanks (also possible for OEM to design own tank)
- AdBlue/DEF Level Temperature Sensor