7.7 litre, in-line 6 cylinder – 160, 185, 210 & 235 kW
TAD851VE is an off-road, in-line 6-cylinder, 7.7-liter diesel engine. It features common-rail fuel injection, overhead camshaft, and turbo.
High power and torque already at low engine speed. Well-balanced for smooth operation & low noise levels.
Easy service and maintenance
Compact, simple installation and easy to service. Easily accessible service points. 500-hour oil change interval (or 1,000 h with oil analysis demand). Common engine platform for all exhaust emission standards.
High-tech injection system contributes to efficient combustion and low fuel consumption. Exhaust reduction system without EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation).
TAD850-853VE is a powerful, reliable and economical off-road Diesel Engine range built on the Volvo Group in-line four concept.
Low cost of ownership
World class fuel efficiency combined with high uptime as well as low cost of ownership. Compact & simple installation As optional equipment all material needed in order to install the engine can be ordered from Volvo Penta. Installation guidelines as well as drawings and CAD models are easy to access. The result is an engine that is easy to install.
Durability & low noise
Long experince with base engine development reduces risk of downtime. Wellbalanced to produce smooth operation with low noise. Power & torque Maximum power and torque available at low rpm. As a result noice as well as fuel consumption is very low. Useful engine speed for the TAD850-853VE is due to power and torque layout very flexible.
Low exhaust emission
Efficient injection as well as robust engine design contributes to excellent combustion and low fuel consumption. Easy service & maintenance Easily accessible service and maintenance points contribute to the ease of service of the engine. As optional equipment possible to remote mount filters and service points. Up to 1000 hour oil change interval.
- Proven and straight-forward design – built on Volvo Group technology
- Low cost of ownership and operation
- High power and torque already at low engine speed
- Compact, simple installation and easy to service
- Exhaust reduction system without EGR • Similar engine footprint for all emission standards
- High sulfur-in-fuel tolerance • Wide range of optional equipment
Engine and block
- Cast iron cylinder block
- Replaceable cylinder liners
- Replaceable valve guides and valve seats
- Overhead camshaft and four valves per cylinder
Full flow cartridge insert filter • Gear type lubricating oil pump, gear driven
- Common rail
- Gear driven fuel feed pump
- Fuel prefilter with water separator and water in-fuel indicator / alarm
- Fine fuel filter of cartridge, insert type
- Manual feed pump on pre-filter
- Belt driven coolant pump with high degree of efficiency
- Fixed Geometry Turbo (FGT)
- Engine Management System (EMS) 2.3, an electronically controlled processing system which optimizes engine performance. It also includes advanced features for diagnostics and fault tracing.
- The instruments and controls connect to the engine via the CAN SAE J1939 interface. Options available for engine control equipment.
Exhaust reduction system
- Without EGR