7.7 liter, in-line 6 cylinder
TAD873VE is an off-road, in-line 6-cylinder, 7.7-liter diesel engine. It features common-rail fuel injection, overhead camshaft, and Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT).
High power and torque already at low engine speed. Well-balanced for smooth operation & low noise levels.
Easy service and maintenance
Compact, simple installation and easy to service. Easily accessible service points. Common platform between engines for all exhaust emission standards.
High-tech injection system contributes to efficient combustion and low fuel consumption. Exhaust reduction system with SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) and cooled EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) only.
Wide range of options
As optional equipment possible to remote mount filters and service points. The engine can also be ordered as PowerPac EATS (Exhaust Aftertreatment System); A complete set of pre-installed components including Exhaust Aftertreatment System components, engine cooling system (radiator and CAC), air and fuel filters and mounting brackets.
TAD873VE is a powerful, reliable and economical off-road Diesel Engine range built on the Volvo Group in-line six concept. Low cost of ownership World class fuel efficiency combined with a reliable exhaust after treatment system gives high uptime as well as low cost of ownership. No downtime for regeneration or decreased service intervals.
Compact & simple installation SCR technology selected by Volvo does not increase amount of cooling capacity needed. As optional equipment all material needed in order to install the engine can be ordered from Volvo Penta. Installation guidelines as well as drawings and CAD models are easy to access. The result is an engine and after treatment system that is easy to install.
Durability & low noise Long experince with SCR systems in combination with base engine development reduces risk of downtime. Well balanced to produce smooth operation with low noise. Power & torque Maximum power and torque available at low rpm. As a result noice as well as fuel consumption is very low.
Useful engine speed for the TAD873VE is due to power and torque layout very flexible. Low exhaust emission Efficient injection as well as robust engine design in combination with optimised SCR technology and a cooled EGR contributes to excellent combustion and low fuel consumption.
Easy service & maintenance Easily accessible service and maintenance points contribute to the ease of service of the engine. As optional equipment possible to remote mount filters and service points. Up to 1000 hour oil change interval.
Engine and block
- Cast iron cylinder block
- Replaceable cylinder liners
- Replaceable valve guides and valve seats
- Overhead camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Full flow cartridge insert filter
- Gear type lubricating oil pump, gear driven
- Common rail
- Gear driven fuel feed pump
- Fuel prefilter with water separator and waterin-fuel indicator / alarm
- Fine fuel filter of cartridge, insert type
- Manual feed pump on pre-filter
- Belt driven coolant pump with high degree of efficiency
- Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT)
- Engine Management System (EMS) 2.3, an electronically controlled processing system which optimizes engine performance. It also includes advanced features for diagnostics and fault tracing.
- The instruments and controls connect to the engine via the CAN SAE J1939 interface. Options available for engine control equipment
Exhaust aftertreatment system
- SCR and cooled EGR only
- Airless urea injection
- Wide range of options available, including different sized AdBlue® / DEF tanks (also possible for OEM to design own tank)
- AdBlue/DEF Quality Level Temperature Sensor for US Market